When running a non-profit or charity, or simply trying to raise funds to contribute to a cause, it can be highly beneficial to use a vending machine as one of your points of ‘sale’. Vending machines used for fundraising are great for the following reasons:
1) They offer something in return for the money donated. It is much like buying something, only now a portion of the proceeds will go to better a community. Who can argue with that?
2) They provide something that people already want or need, and will spend money on anyway. If someone is hungry and wants a snack, they’re going to put food in their stomach. It might as well be from a vending machine that supports a charity.
3) They collect funds even when you’re not around. The coin dispensing system means that no volunteers need to man the area for security or to collect funds at the end of a shift. The machine just sits there and does it’s job, without requiring effort on the part of the organization doing the fundraising.
4) They go where your doners are. The great thing about vending machines is that they can be installed virtually anywhere there is a large gathering of people, or high traffic volumes. This can be a shopping mall, a community center, a department store, a sports arena, a pub, an animal shelter – you name it.
5) Business owners will sympathize with your cause and will be willing to help you. A lot of times, when a vending machine is installed at a location like the ones mentioned above, the owner of the facility earns a commission in exchange for providing retail space to the vendor. However, the good thing for charities is that there are lots of opportunities and places where a vending machine could go, but isn’t yet. As a non-profit, you have a big case to ask the owner of the facility to help support your cause by providing free retail space. Now, instead of the facility owner getting the commission, your charity can use the funds for its purposes. Since businesses like to help charities as part of their publicity efforts, this shouldn’t be a difficult request to make.
6) There’s no risk for the charity. With a vending machine, there’s no initial investment to be made up front – that is, if you go with a full service vending machine company that will install and maintain the machine for you. All you have to do is represent your organization by either providing a location to install the machine, or asking for one from a local business. Then you simply show up when it’s time to count the money and take in your portion of the funds raised. The vending machine company will assume all the risks – if no sales are made, it’s not a waste on your part.
7) It gives exposure and free advertising space. On the vending machine itself you will have the opportunity to post signage about your charity or cause. This is great because if your charity is new, or unknown, and if the machine is in a public place that receives a lot of traffic, more and more people will see your name and logo out there, and will learn that you exist. This in turn will create more response for donations and publicity in the future. Often advertising space like this could cost hundreds, if not thousands.
With 7 reasons to go with vending machine fundraising, why miss out? Get yours hooked up today. Even if you only end up making a small amount, it’s better than nothing! With charities however, any money is useful money, and you’ll find ways of contributing those funds to your operational costs. Even better, it may work out so well that you’ll get more than one vending machine working for you!